Monday, March 16, 2009

Harrell Comments on Recent DNC Political Attack Ad

House Speaker Bobby Harrell commented on the recent political attack ad launched by the Democratic National Committee (DNC). The commercial is in response to criticisms that Republican leaders have had for much of the wasteful and irresponsible spending included in the stimulus bill passed by Congress without a single Republican vote in the House.

Speaker Harrell commented:

“I did not give the DNC permission to use my picture, and I am requesting that they remove my picture from their political attack commercial immediately. Just weeks ago, the South Carolina Democratic Party was sending out press releases condemning me and other South Carolina Republican leaders for our criticisms of the irresponsible spending included in the so-called stimulus bill passed by Congress. These inconsistent actions should show the public the steps Democrats are willing to take in order to protect their pork projects included in this spending package.

“I believe that all of the stimulus spending except the infrastructure money is a terrible mistake, and I fully supported South Carolina’s entire Republican Congressional Delegation in their decision to vote against this so-called stimulus bill. I agree that if Washington would allow it, eliminating debt would be a good use of these funds, but if they will not, we should not send our taxpayers' money to other states and cause our taxpayers, and more importantly our children and grandchildren, to pay the bill for other states.”

No comments:

Post a Comment