Saturday, July 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Hey Everyone,
I am finally home from Europe! We got back to Charleston at midnight...so I didn't get home until about 2:30 this morning. I am so glad to back on American soil, but I had an amazing time. My favorite activities were the Eiffel Tower and white water rafting in the Swiss Alps! I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the homestay because I just went along to a few activities that they had planned and didn't get to do or see anything that I would have liked to. Also, the teenager in the home, Nicole, took me to a party. Well, over there you can drink when you are a whole lot younger. So I was kinda out of place and didn't really enjoy it.
The experience over all was wonderful and the people that you meet are one of a kind. I would do this trip again in a heartbeat even if it meant working like I did before to raise the money. I know that I will keep in touch with some of the people and hopefully see some of them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment